EVENT BULLETIN #1 (2017.04.11)
64th Season Opener
Saturday – April 15, 2017
- This event falls under the ‘early start time’ schedule for Eldora.
Pit Pass Sales 1:30 pm (EDT)
Pits Open 2:00 pm
Driver Meeting 4:00 pm
Hot Laps Begin 4:30 pm
Racing Begins 6:00 pm
- The Eldora Late Model tire rule remains as announced last year:
The Hoosier LM 20 compound will be required on the Left Front (LF), Right Front (RF) and Left Rear (LR).
The Hoosier LM 20 and LM 40 compounds are optional on the Right Rear (RR).
No grooving, no siping or pinning/needling is permitted on any tire. Buffing is permitted with no visual
cuts. Aggressive, nail or traction inducing sipe grinding will result in disqualification pre- or post-race. DIRTcar rules mechanical and technical rules, including those regulating the chemical alteration of tires will govern the event.
- The 2017 Minimum Safety Standards, announced in January, (update issued 3/22/17), apply for all divisions, effective with this first event.
- Eldora driver and owner membership is required of all divisions.
DIRTcar membership is required for all drivers and encouraged for all participants.
- To help speed the registration/draw process, it is highly encouraged that these forms be downloaded and completed prior to your Eldora arrival to turn in when you complete your draw.